- Securing WordPress websites with YubiKeyPosted 21 days ago
- Managing passwords online with LastPassPosted 22 days ago
- Small Business Server Security CertificatesPosted 154 days ago
- Configuring a SonicWALL Tele3 SPPosted 162 days ago
- Configuring your office broadbandPosted 411 days ago
- Develop your website using WordPressPosted 444 days ago
Computers can be vary time saving and there are loads of benifits of using computers in small buisnesses
There are hundreds of computer types that could mean you will be spending loads of time looking for the right one.
So at simply better it we could help with getting you the right one without you wasting any time
The continued efficiency of a networked computer or PC requires a secure and stable network infrastructure – which we will help you achieve. A PC with fully patched Windows XP Pro or Vista Business is generally very stable and robust provided the PC hardware it is installed on is fully supported. With low priced PC hardware today, it is cost effective to get reasonably high performance business PCs from Dell, HP, or Mesh. It is better for support to standardise on as few makes and models as possible.
General guidlines for better computer services support:
- pc selection – reasonably high specification pc from major brand with good support
- laptop use – only cost effective for mobile workforce, offsite presentations
- anti virus – ensure quality anti virus installed and centrally manged
- Windows patching – centralise routine patch management
- operating system – standardise on Windows XP Pro and Vista Business only
- office suites – standardise on Microsoft Office 2003 or 2007
- applications – standardise and version upgrade all applications, sandbox variations
- avoid non compliance – routinely scan for illegimate or problem software
- thin client – only useful for widespread use of locked down standard desktop
Although we deliver all the technical side of computer support services, it is vital that the soft skills of user training and education is given sufficient importance – if the pressure of just getting the immediate task in hand completed becomes overbearing, the protection, care and attention of a networked PC will ultimateley be compromised.